Landa Coil Clean is a scale and deposit remover in an effective and economical dry form. It is derived from a sulfamic acid base and is compounded with a corrosion inhibitor and a pH color indicator.
Landa coil descaler will clean heat exchange surfaces without damaging the metal, while its built-in color indicator will inform the user when the acid is consumed and when it is neutralized for discharge to the sewer.
- Normal Duty: 5-0% in water (2-4 lbs./5 gal.)
- Heavy Duty: 10-12% in water (4-5 lbs./5 gal.)
- Frequent Descaling: 2-5% in water (3/4-2 lbs./5 gal.)
- Temperature: Coil Clean is effective in cold water, but faster results are obtained at temperatures from 140-160°F. DO NOT overheat. The corrosion inhibitor will break down at temperatures above 180°F.
- Recirculate Coil Clean as a red solution initially at full strength.
- As it is consumed in the cleaning process, the pH will rise to 2.8.
- The solution will then be 80-90% consumed and will turn yellow.
- If additional cleaning is needed, add more product until the solution turns red.
- Pump the spent (yellow) solution to a holding container and neutralize it with either soda ash or caustic soda until it turns blue at a pH of 9.2.
- Dispose in accordance with local regulations.
- NOTE: The increase in pH will cause dissolved minerals to precipitate in the holding tank.
- Part Number: 8.718-911.0
- Cross Reference: 87189110