7 Reasons why Landa Tuff-Skin hose is number 1 in the industry.
- More Durable: While other manufacturers and vendors are switching to cheaper hybrid constructions, including hydraulic hoses, Landa high pressure hose is offered in standard R1 and R2 heavy-duty construction.
- Higher Temperature Range: Landa Tuff-Skin high pressure hose is rated for temperatures of up to 275°F continuous and 310°F intermittent. Many other hoses are rated for only 250°F and don’t specify an intermittent capacity.
- Unique Braid Design: Landa offers the heavier, more flexible Tuff Skin 3/8″ R1 hose in a 3000 and 4000 psi construction.
- Greater Oil Resistance: Landa high pressure hoses carry the maximum Class A ORS (oil resistant rating) in both the tube and cover for longer life. Many other brands carry only a Class B ORS (medium oil resistant) rating which makes them highly susceptible to environments where oil and animal fats are present.
- Higher Working Pressure: Landa’s Tuff Skin R2 construction exceeds the industry standard of 4500 psi by offering a 6000 psi construction.
- More Wear: Landa’s Tuff-Skin hose has proven to deliver more abrasion resistance than comparable designs of other brands. Permanently embossed identification provides easy identification and owner protection.
- Certified Burst Protection: Landa’s Tuff-Skin hose meets the stringent UL-1776 safety standards with two hose guards—including a 24-inch sleeve on the gun end—for added operator protection against bursts.
A comparison of pressure washer hose vs. hydraulic hose.
Pressure Washer Hose
- Must be labeled pressure washer hose to comply with UL 1776 safety standard for pressure washers
- Must be pin pricked or have a permeable membrane for use with a hot water machine to prevent separation of outside jacket from condensation
- Must have a swedge guard or bend restrictor 24″ long at operator end for compliance with national safety standards
- Crimp fitting is designed to allow for expansion and contraction
- The national safety standard requires ratings label on hose
- Hydraulic hose is not designed for pressure washer applications. The inner tubing will crack over time when in contact with water.
- Not designed for hot water
- Hydraulic hose is found on equipment not in the operators hands. Swedge guard or bend restrictor is not required.
- Crimp fitting does not allow for expansion and contraction from hot water applications.
- Normally labeled with pressure ratings only because they are not rated for hot water